Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 Theme

After 2010 Best Year Ever and 2011 Year of More, I declared 2012 to be the Year of Connection. I told Jon these yearly themes are similar to playing punch bug - if you are looking for a VW beetle, you will see them everywhere. I think that's the case with the Year of Connection.

I spent a lot of time this year connecting with people, considering whether I still want to be connected, and seeing connections between things. After the Year of More brought more illness, more sadness, and more weight to our bodies, I worried about the downside of the Year of Connection. Well, when we let the world know we were officially buying a beach house (which had been in the works for months), we found out how many connections we had!

A lot of 2009 through 2012 was spent chasing big lifetime dreams. Frankly, 2012 was a very busy year and I am craving downtime.  In 2013, I will turn 39 and have much thinking to do about the upcoming 40 milestone. I've launched a successful photography business and need to think about where it is going. We have a second home that will require work before and after rental season.

In 2013, I want to spend time appreciating the dreams that are here. I've been thinking about this ever since my hike with Andrea in March, and now's the time to fully commit.

After much consideration, it feels right to declare 2013:

The Year of Reflection



4 comments:

Brandy @mannlymama said...

You connected A and I and I am eternally grateful. You photoed my major milestones including my baby at hours old. You are my hero and thank you for being my friend. :)

Anandi Raman Creath said...

Hah, we must be on the same wavelength. My One Little Word for 2013 is Mindfulness. I need to figure out what my true priorities are since the new baby is going to bump some stuff out.

thellfamily said...

Love the 2012 summary photos. Love the 2013 theme. Hope that 2013 is a fabulous year for you all!

ememby.com said...

Love this - there is a time for every season!