Here are Brandy's questions:
1. Where do you buy most of your clothes?
I've worked from home for over 6 years so I buy very little clothing. In winter I wear jeans and t-shirts and in summer I wear shorts and t-shirts. Here is me today, wearing my current favorite shirt:
Yep - no makeup. I wish I had the fashion gene but I don't.
I will say that my friend Kim, now a fashion blogger with an awesome new blog My Style Challenge, turned me onto designer denim a few years ago and I will never, ever go back. I would rather have one pair of super nice jeans than anything else.... amazingly comfortable and makes my big butt look GOOD.
2. What is your favorite drink recipe?
Margarita punch, from my blogging BFF Lindsay:
one can frozen limeade
fill empty can half full with tequila
fill empty can 1/4 full with triple sec
Mix and enjoy. Makes 4 margaritas, or two very big ones for the beach.
3. Describe your most memorable high school experience.
I was valedictorian and class president and I set a school record for number of awards I won my senior year. At the year end awards ceremony, I sat in the back row so that every time my name got called, everyone had to watch me do the long walk.
Man, I was one conceited biyatch and got my ass HANDED TO ME over and over at Caltech. Karma will get you, this I believe.
4. Is there a song that you always have to sing aloud every time?
If You Want to Sing Out Sing Out, from one of my favorite movies ever, Harold and Maude. I want to be Maude when I grow up. I want to be Maude now. She is pretty much my super hero.
I've been meaning to write a post on this for awhile. Every person EVER needs to watch this scene:
5. Do you prefer beach or mountains and why?
Beach girl 4eva. I grew up in a beach town and the beach is my all time favorite happy place. I have never had a bad day at the beach.
6. Do you still hang out with any of your childhood friends?
I grew up in Florida, went to college in LA, then lived in San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, and now Raleigh. I still talk to a couple of friends from Florida but no one lives in my area. Plus I went away to college before email was readily available to the public.... yes I'm old.
7. Coco Pebbles or Coco Krispies?
Cereal is dumb.
8. If you could meet one blogger (besides me of course), who would it be?
I would love to meet Andrea Scher. Between the Mondo Beyondo and Superhero Photo classes, she has helped shape my dreams and my photography in a way that no one else has.
OH WAIT. I already have a coffee date planned with her when I go to San Fran next month!!!! I am a crazy person about meeting my blogfriends.
9. If you were deserted on an island and could only have 3 beauty items, what would they be (not basic hygiene)?
Did you see the photo above? Considering I don't use 3 beauty items that are not basic hygiene, I don't know how to respond.
10. What is your favorite fancy coffee choice?
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf caramel macchiato. WHY IS THERE NOT ONE IN THE SOUTH????
11. When did you get your first cell phone?
This will make me feel old. 1998? It was a couple of years after college. However... because I have a robo-ear, it is very hard for me to talk cell phone to cell phone to people, even with my hearing aid, so I try to avoid using my cell phone. I tell people this upfront then they always get offended.
NOW YOU PLAY!
Here's the deal, I am tagging everyone who read through this. If you complete the following 11 questions, post a link to your blog. Whoever entertains me the most with their answers will win an $11 Starbucks gift card. Winner announced Wednesday, February 22.
1. What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
2. What is the one item on which you always splurge?
3. What's the best book you've read in the last 10 years?
4. What is your favorite summer drink?
5. Spring or fall?
6. If you are not doing your dream job right now, what would it be?
7. Is there a better movie role model than Maude?
8. If you had $100 to spend at Target, what would you buy?
9. Have you ever tried boxed wine? If it was good, what was the brand?
10. If you could meet one blogger who would it be?
11. If I could photograph you doing anything, what would it be?