Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy and I am okay with it

Alex went to Target with me last night. Every time we take one of the kids to Target, they are obsessed with the nutcrackers. Alex asked if we could get it and I said no. He said, "I will pay for it with my own money." and so he did. I bought some peanuts in the shell for cracking.

(I'm 100% fine being *that mom* who makes their 5 year old buy something in Target if they want it.)

The boys were OBSESSED with cracking nuts last night and this morning. I could not help but giggle at these quotes:

"I want Alex to eat my nuts."
"Can I put my nuts in there?"
"I love eating nuts!"

If I had known it would make me giggle so much, I would have bought it a lot time ago.

(Fortunately Elfie put his arm in the nutcracker instead of his nuts.)

Day18

8 comments:

Carrie77 said...

Hahahaha. Their comments would have made me giggle, too. :) Ahhh, boys.

Cacey said...

Oh my gosh, I would totally crack up at that as well. Only I would be the one encouraging him to say it out loud and Matthew would be glaring at me. Hee hee.

Wiley said...

Poor elfie! And yeah to buying things with own money if they want it.

Joanna said...

hehe...hehe...he said nuts.

Tanika Davis said...

Bwahahaahahaaaaa! When Nate and Alex are old enough to read this blog post, they are going to fall out laughing. And they are going to say, "Mom, don't ever say anything to us about our pre-adolescent depravity ever again." LOL!

chrissey said...

Omg, I can't stop giggling. I feel like Beavis and Butthead. Nuts...heh heh...

Anandi said...

hehe.

Wait, you mean people are opposed to making kids buy stuff with their own money? I'm confused by that. What's the alternative? Just buying every damn thing they ask for? Listening to the endless whining? Um?

Alejandra said...

Nuts..hahaa kids are always funny when using words like these. Very cute kids btw. Have a great weekend:)