Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things I love right now

This post written by fellow twin mom Brooke made me jump out of my seat and scream YES YES YES! I sent her a follow up email saying I think it's just as important to set this example for boys to raise men (like Jon) who expect strong women (she agreed).
Link
I'm taking Mondo Beyondo again, on the 2 for 1 special with Julie. Last time, I barely wrote publicly about it because I was at a crossroads in life and wasn't ready to share my feelings. This time, I hope to write more about the journey. Big things peoples!
Link
Pinterest. Oh pinterest. I avoided you until you were an iphone app. Something tells me Jon's sister would LOVE this site. That's where I found my perfect summer outfit, some strawberry and peach sangria I want to try, a frame grouping for our master bedroom, and nutella cupcakes.

Fiber gummies. Not for me, for one of the boys. Mel wrote about them and having tried EVERYTHING ELSE for TWO YEARS, we gave them a try. Totally and completely life changing. Every time I think I might quit blogging, something on a blog changes my life for the better! Mel also did a cupcake recipe carnival and there are two I want to try.

We've had barely any humidity or heat yet this year so my hair still isn't insane (except for family photo day OF COURSE) and we've been able to keep the house windows open a lot. I love fresh air and the new house has so many windows!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Wow--now I have a girl crush on Brooke. Totally, completely awesome. You can tell from her blog that she is awesome. As for pinterest, where is my frickin invitation???? Me wanty.

Tanika Davis said...

I'm currently reading "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" (in addition to "Your-One-Year-Old: Fun-Loving and Fussy," and "The Effect of Living Backwards," and a boring book about strong governance boards) -- and Brooke's post reminds me that despite what society throws at little girls, their parents CAN go a long way to show them that "they can." Good job, Brooke!
P.S. My One-Year-Olds?? Fussy and Fussy. They apparently did not read the "fun-loving" part of the title of that book. Sheeesh.

Amy L said...

I love that post by Brooke. One of the things my parents instilled in me from an early age was that I am a capable person, and my kids will learn that as well.

Pinterest has totally sucked me. I tried to resist...fail.

Carrie77 said...

I have never even heard of pinterest. Where have I been? I will have to take a peak at it.

Janna said...

LOVE that cardigan - might have to take the boys to Old Navy today (hmmm... or wait until the weekend and leave them at home :)

I'm excited to hear more about your mondo beyondo journey this time!

erinlaughs said...

I've been seeing pinterest all over the place lately, especially the crafty blogs. It looks so cool!

Bookmarked those sangrias - yum!

Oh man, I am all over the fiber gummies. Heading to Target now to pick some up. You know we need them around our house!

Amanda said...

Wow I really like all of your "loves right now" Thanks for sharing! Great post you recommended, that pinterest seems so neat...I'd never heard of it, and a couple of my kids could use those fiber gummies!

No Longer 25 said...

Ahh Pinterest, I found this a few weeks ago and I'm obsessed. I need to use the iPhone app though, I've not tried that yet.

You can't beat the fresh air, I love hanging out my washing to dry on a fresh breezy day.

On Friday's I post a Happiness Is... linky, your post is so full of happiness, isn't it great to stop for a moment and focus on the positives.

Have a lovely weekend,
Jade

Eva said...

Thanks for sharing. I wanted to comment on Brooke to say how great her post was but I couldn't, so I'll tell you!
I don't know how big a Mondo class is, but my sister will be in this one with you. Fun, because you're the reason I gifted it to her.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! How did your cupcakes turn out? And, so far I have not given in to pinterest...but it is very tempting. do you have an invite? Now that school is almost out, I am ready to get sucked into pinterest.