Thursday, February 17, 2011

LATFH

Since the boys were 11 months old, we have been taking them to a kiddie haircut place every month. For a little blast from the past, you can read this post where I wrote why we were taking them for haircuts so early. I was so much funnier when I was severely sleep deprived!

For the first couple of years, we had to stay with the kiddie place because the boys SCREAMED through the entire haircut. Not only did we have to pay the inflated prices, we had to tip big. Then we started trying out non-kiddie places with HORRIFIC results. Anyone remember this horrible haircut from last March? No way to fix that terribleness:

AlexBotchedHaircutDS


So we pay the bigger prices because they are more patient with the kids and they play videos and give them lollipops. But still, the haircuts are generally "meh" and the stylists cut their hair insanely fast because they didn't seem like they wanted to be around children. Until this week.

I'm not sure what happened to the kiddie place because all of a sudden the hairstylists there are freaking hipsters (I'm talking LATFH hipster ... NSFW) with lots of style and were SUPER AWESOME with kids. They made the kids laugh and asked them questions and gave them amazing hair cuts.

Best quote of Alex's haircut, "You're so getting an Aveda haircut right here, you're going to be the hippest kid in preschool!"

Alex wouldn't let the guy spike his hair but he did let him spray mousse it and style it. Best hair cut ever.

Alex Haircut

12 comments:

Maria said...

He looks heartbreakingly gorgeous (and OLD) how can they be almost 5?!

Kara said...

That is a rockin new hair-do! Handsome boy you got there. :)

Shari said...

It's adorable! One good thing about our girls' hair is all I do is snip off an inch every six months of so. We haven't started with the salons yet.

JenFen said...

That Aveda line had me cracking up. He does look super cute and cool at the same time.

Jake started at 11 months too. He stopped crying and fighting it after awhile. I just hate how quickly it grows back!

Joanna said...

LMAO about the Aveda line. Training well, I'm glad to see.

Also, you might want to add NSFW with that little linky. Oops.

Irene said...

Loved the blast from the past! My god how time flies.

Sadia said...

LOVE the haircut. Thanks for the reminder. I need to book two Saturday appointments at our kids' hair place. :)

Heather said...

I just wasted a good 20 minutes of my time rolling laughing at LATFH. Am I the only one who does NOT get the irony of commercialized irony? Being trendy is NOT trendsetting. (But his hair is SOOOOOO cute!)

JonC said...

Speaking of LATFH, I got this related YouTube link today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHV3tyNQ60&feature=player_embedded

Libby said...

Cracking up. That SO sums up those kid places... but we went there too. Until the kids got old enough that I could bribe them myself with TV and lollipops and give them haircuts in our living room that are equally 'MEH'.

Claroux said...

GORGEOUS! Maybe I should drive down to NC to get Jackson's hair cut because the kiddie place by me is good, but keep thinking I could do it myself and it grows back so FAST! It was MUCH easier with girls!

Natalie Mikolajczak said...

I loved it when my nephews got mohawks. Cooper got a real one, and Carter got a faux one.