Saturday, November 06, 2010

Six

Six years ago today, I woke up in Florida and took a walk on the beach with Jon.

Then I put on a pretty dress

JL070


and the tallest shoes I have ever worn

JL067


and waited for the best day of my life to happen.

JL180


It was, in my most poetic words, a freaking awesome day.

Surrounded by family and friends as we made a lifelong commitment to one another.

JL217


Little did I know

the first anniversary would be Expecting A Baby anniversary.
the second anniversary would be Five Month Old Twins anniversary.
the sixth anniversary would be Dream House anniversary.

JL307

But if we
lost the dream house,
lost the dream city,
lost the good careers,
lost the dream life,

I would still have everything I need right here with my best friend.

JL304


Happy anniversary Jon.

(I'm not sure how we're going to top Dream House anniversary but I'm sure we will.)

(Together.)

18 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!

It still makes me laugh that we got married in the same general area, barely one week apart from one another. Six years ago today, I think we had just started our honeymoon. :-)

London said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sari said...

Aww I love this. You look beautiful! Happy Anniversary! Where in Fl did you get married?

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Great anniversary post, as always. Happy anniversary!!!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Anniversary!

Janna said...

Happy Anniversary!

I know I've commented this before, but WOW! Your dress is the prettiest wedding dress I have EVER SEEN!!!

Allyson said...

I believe the old Beattle song, All You Need Is Love, is true! Happy 6th Anniversary with your beloved, Jon.
PS: Loved the surprise of your high shoes!

Mel said...

What a wonderful, sweet post! Your wedding pics are beautiful! Happy anniversary!

Pam said...

So sweet! I love reading your blog (insight into where I'm headed with my twins and great entertainment!). Not sure if I posted before but this post is very touching. Happy Anniversary!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Congrats on your anniversary.

This post is so sweet, it made me cry! I love reading the love in your words.

My favourite pic is you looking on in anticipation - LOVE it!

Shari said...

I love the photo of you looking around the corner. It so explains how excited you are. Congrats!

Julie said...

Love this post Laura. Happy Anniversary to you both! The photos are beautiful, but your journey together is even better.

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your shoes :)

HeatherV said...

As luminous as you look waiting in anticipation it pales in comparison to what you guys have done together over the last six years.

Wishing you 6 x many, many more years

I hope you had a great weekend. BTW, great movie choice.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Happy Anniversary! Really, nice post and your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS!

Irene said...

Happy anniversary! Brings tears to my eyes.

I'd have to guess that your Dream House anniversary is better than your 5-month Twins anniversary, knowing what I know now. :)

Beth said...

Awesome, touching post. Happy Anniversary (a day late)!