Friday, October 22, 2010

Show Me the Mommy!

Again, I encourage you to post pictures of yourself and leave a comment here!

The boys are SUPER DUPER OBSESSED with anything Star Wars right now. Jon and I are strongly encouraging this because we both love Star Wars. For Halloween, Alex is going to be Anakin and Nate is going to be Obi-Wan. We thought it would be fun if everyone in our family dressed up to trick-or-treat so Jon is going to be Darth and I am going to be New Hope Leia.

Michele lent me a Leia costume but it did not have Leia buns. I went to the costume store and they did not sell the wigs either but the lady recommended I buy a regular wig and give it buns. There was literally one wig that was brown and long-haired. EVERY OTHER WIG was red, blond, or black.

Says quite a bit about our culture huh?

How do I look with long hair???

Wig


I've always known I had a big forehead but seeing this picture? WOW. You could downhill ski on that thing!

While I think it's fun to play a different persona, Jon pointed out I look almost exactly like my mom in the wig!!!

Wig


This Halloween might be the Best Ever!
(And yes we're trick or treating in the new house, close next Friday!)

8 comments:

Beth said...

I played! Love the costumes. And I was wondering why you had a long-haired wig when you posted on Twitter. Awesome!

Steph said...

Awesome! Cooper is also in LOVE with Star Wars right now too, which Ben thinks is the best thing ever! I like it too, but not like they do! He is going to be Darth Vader for Halloween and really really wants Abby to be Princess Leia and Bailey (the dog) to be Yoda!

thellfamily said...

Whoa -- you look so different. Fun, and you look good, but I think I like your short hair look better =)
You're lucky you don't live here, because then you wouldn't be at the new house for trick or treating. T or T ing is on Thursday here this year (I'm not kidding, my town always moves T or T ing).

Joanna said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! You know, Lucas wouldn't let Carrie Fisher wear a bra. I'm guessing you aren't going to go for that level of authenticity.

London said...

Hahaha! I love this so f'ing much!!! When I was a little girl I was always growing my hair out so it could be super-freaking-long-Princess Leia hair.

I played too, I can't figure out how to do a link in this comment, but you know where to find me!

OMG Joanna stole my comment about the no-bra thing!

Lindsay said...

You look so different! I like short and curly better, FWIW. =) Can't wait to see how you do the buns!

Lindsay said...

I played today, compliments of my fave photographer. =)

JenFen said...

I played too, blogged about my meetup with Mel. Can someone please enlighten me as to how to post a link in the comments like Beth did?

I also can't wait to see the buns and am super jealous that you get to all dress up coordinating for Halloween. I haven't been able to pull that off for quite some time as the kids always want different costumes, although Jake in his Joe-like aversion to anything new is dressing up as Anakin again this year.Just another thing that Alex and him have in common! They could be twins. Oh wait, Alex already has one of those.