Monday, July 19, 2010

2010 Summer Theme

Last year I wrote a post on how each summer has had a theme to it since the boys were born.

1st summer = Summer of Newborn Twins

2nd summer = Summer of Fishing Unsteady Toddlers Off the Bottom of the Baby Pool

3rd summer = Summer of Stopping The Boys From Jumping Off the Side of the Baby Pool and Cracking Their Heads Open

4th summer = Summer of Pooping At the Pool (the boys pooped in swim diapers at almost every visit as we tried to potty train them)

Much to our surprise, yesterday Alex said yes to going off the diving board into the deep end. He jumped over and over to me, swimming to the side on his own. When a crack of thunder closed the pool, he cried "But I was going to do a jack knife!"

It's only mid-July and we still have another two months of summer here in North Carolina but I declare the 5th summer "Summer the Boys Learned to Swim and Became Fearless in Water." Way to go Alex!


Alex underwater

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great picture! Way to go Alex!

ElizabethEK said...

This is one of my favorite all time pictures.

Karen said...

Maybe he can come show Michael how to jump into the pool :)

Joanna said...

Hey, I never realized that you can smile while holding your breath under water. Thank you Alex for showing me it's possible!

JenFen said...

That's awesome and I am loving the underwater pictures. So cool!

thellfamily said...

Your boys are so awesome in the water! I know a lot of 3 and 4 year olds and none look as brave and skilled as yours in the water.

Irene said...

Fun underwater pics! Whose crotch is that in the background? :)

LauraC said...

Irene, I'm surprised after 10 years you don't recognize Jon's crotch. I'm disappointed in you.

Steph said...

Loving the underwater pictures! Great job Alex!!

How is the traveling going?

Kara said...

Such a great feeling, isn't it? I was so excited and relieved when Kendall learned how to swim. It doesn't mean that I don't have to watch her anymore but since we have a pool and I stay at home with all three girls during the summer it just brings a little reassurance to me. I can not wait until Kylee can swim too!

Way to go Alex!! By the way I am completely digging the underwater pictures.