Since it's my birthday and you can't be mean to me, I am going to open myself up and share 36 items from my Mondo Beyondo list. Some of these things scare me to share, so be gentle. If the universe (or you!) could help me figure out how to accomplish these 36 things, then I could replace them with 37 even more Mondo-er dreams next year.
So leave me a comment to wish me happy birthday or let me know how you're going to help me finish off this list or let me know which ones you think are difficult for me to share with you.
1. Get back in a kayak. (I've been too scared since wrecking and almost drowning while kayaking in San Diego over 10 years ago.)
2. Host a chocolate tasting.
3. Learn to walk in heels.
4. Skip stones with Nate and Alex.
5. See where my camera takes me, physically, emotionally.
6. Live in Italy for a summer.
7. Spend at least an hour outside every day.
8. Do so much good in the world that my kids are inspired every day.
9. Create a life without a morning scramble.
10. Own a dog and watch my boys giggle when it licks their face.
11. Fill my home with beautiful objects.
12. See Aurora Borealis.
13. Karate chop a board in half with my hand.
14. Live in a beach house.
15. No skin cancer, please. Or other cancer. Or illnesses. Me or my loved ones.
16. Spend as much time barefoot as possible.
17. Wear my wedding dress on my anniversary.
18. Continue to create my tribe of women.
19. Complete a triathalon.
20. Foster many children who do not have a home.
21. Have time and ability to see my loved ones more frequently.
22. Ride in a hot air balloon.
23. Mother a girl.
24. Have boudoir photos taken to become more comfortable in my own skin. (This might be on Jon's birthday wish list too.)
25. Take the boys to see a shuttle launch.
26. Have a job that I am passionate about.
27. Kill Warrior Dash.
28. Get the neverending to-do list done.
29. Read every book on my to-read list.
30. Get lots of quality beach time.
31. Learn to sail.
32. Wear make up. I'm finally at the age where this might be necessary.
33. Write a book.
34. Have a fully funded education account for the kids.
35. Make our pantry healthier, except for the chocolate.
36. Spend every day waking up happily next to my best friend and still never run out of things to talk about with him.
And one to grow one - get in front of the camera more, preferably not when I'm covered in sweat after running for two hours.
(Our official finish time of the half was 2:10:31, roughly 10:02 per mile.)