Wednesday, January 20, 2010

13.1 miles and 8 hours in a plane later

Jamie and I finished the half marathon in two hours and 18 minutes. We pretty much kick butt. At mile 8, I felt better than I have ever felt running before. All those hours spent training made this race feel pretty easy. Then miles 10-13 were HOT and sunny and I didn't feel so great. An In n Out double double (animal style) made everything all better afterwards.

RaceDay


We didn't get home until almost midnight last night, so a recap of the rest of the trip will need to wait for another day. I will leave you with a couple more pictures. First, I can not tell you how excited ALL of us were to be in short sleeved shirts during the trip. (Alex distracted touching his first cactus:

DesertBoys


And Shealynn put up a couple of sneak peeks of our photo shoot and they are AMAZING! Check them out here.

PS. Note to self: NEVER plan a trip to arrive home after 10PM with two 3 year olds. Enough said.

12 comments:

Steph said...

AMAZING! Your time is great!!! Way to go! And, the preview pics look wonderful.

We have ended up with those late returns with just one (not always planned) and it is a mess.

Kara said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Joanna said...

I can't believe you are blogging today. I'd be too busy trying to prop my eyelids open to actually be able to type.

Congrats on the half marathon. You are Awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the T Rex shirt?

Sara D. said...

First off, congrats on the half! I am *trying* to gear up to run another half--mentally I am 65% there.

Also! We took the kids to Hawaii about two years ago--we had a 5 year old, two (almost) three year olds and a 1.5 year old. The flight home left at MIDNIGHT. Painful. And our youngest screamed for the first 2 hours of that flight. Oh, it's like a war flashback!!!!!!

HeatherV said...

Welcome home and can't wait to hear all about the race and trip.

Pics are awesome! Get some much needed rest if possible.

Hope the backpacks worked to turn the boys into future drug mules.

Mommy, Esq. said...

Saw your comment on Jen's site. Ugh. That's why I only travel in the morning. Congrats on an amazing finish!

Carrie77 said...

Welcome back and wow what a great accomplishment!

Sadia said...

Go you!!!!

The picture of the four of you is FANTASTIC. I can't wait to see the rest. I'm not surprised that she mentioned how well-behaved your boys are. :)

Tabitha said...

Great Job!! It was pretty busy here because of the race ( I live in Gilbert!) and I am glad you had a fun trip!

Beth said...

Welcome back--you rock! Love the quick description of the run. And can't wait to hear more about how the boys did.

Mel said...

Your pictures are amazing. Glad you had a good trip. Gotta agree with the late arrival home thing. Been there, done that, no fun!

Threeundertwo said...

Congratulations! I'm catching up on all your great pictures.