The first year I wrote resolutions on my blog, it was a joke because I'm not into resolutions.
(I love reading really old posts before we knew it was twins. Reading about "the baby" cracks me up!)
Last year I wrote real resolutions and found it helped me to publicly write about my resolutions. Being accountable to someone helped me accomplish the big resolutions: pre-pregnancy weight! finish the baby book! decorate the house!
(Too bad I had all that wine and sangria and bratwurst and cheese and buckeyes and I've gained back five of those pounds.)
Now I've decided I like resolutions because they go with my goal-oriented personality. So.....
Laura's 2009 Resolutions:
1. Look fabulous in a bikini on my 35th birthday, March 29.
2. Train for a half-marathon
(planning to run one March 28, which is unfortunately Jon's 34th birthday but Jon already said yes because he is an awesome husband)
(not running the one in Phoenix with my sister anymore because I'm attending the Obama inauguration instead)
3. Finish organizing the attic. You have no idea how large this task is.
4. Replace the crappy horrible scarf I made for Jon a few years ago with something much nicer yet still handmade by me.
5. Make my blog, MY NEW BLOG, reflect me, not just mommy me.
That's right peoples, I'm starting another blog where I will document what I get accomplished in 2009. It's an experiment and will take some time for me to grow into, just as this blog did. So please be patient, but please read along!
Laura's Other Journal
I left you a little treat on my first blog post. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Happy new year!