Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nate 2.75

Nate 2.75 is opinionated. If he does not want to do something, he will yell about it. If that doesn't work, he throws himself on the ground in protest.

Nate 2.75 is loud. He talks loud. He sings loud. He constantly talks. He yells out the car window. He yells at cars to "GO! GO CARS! GO!" He screeches to see what you might do. If you tell him to whisper, he will scream in your ear.

Nate 2.75 is stylish. He picks out his own clothes and that Goldy the Gopher shirt better be clean. He tells you if your outfit looks good or bad. He wants to try different hairstyles. He will not wear what you pick out for him.

Nate 2.75 wants to be a couch potato. He wakes up asking for TV. He gets up from naps asking for TV. He comes home from school asking for TV. He goes to bed asking for TV.

Nate 2.75 is disobedient. He runs away in parking lots. He runs away in stores. He hits his brother and laughs. He does the exact opposite of what you ask him to do.

Nate 2.75 spends a lot of time in time out.

Nate 2.75 is lucky. Lucky he sometimes acts like an angel. Lucky he shows such affection. Lucky he can be such a sweetheart. Lucky he is so cute or else he would have been left on the curb quite some time ago.

14 comments:

Beth said...

OMG Laura--this would be a hysterical kid's book! You have to make one of your board books with pictures of Nate doing all of those things. Have you seen the book, No, David! Kind of reminds me of this, too. Can't wait to hear about Alex 2.75!

Karen said...

I think I have a similar version of Nate 2.75. Thanks for posting this so I know I am not the only one whose child runs away in parking lots!!

Cindy G said...

Hi Laura - I love this story. It's a good thing that our children can be sweet,loving and adorable sometimes to counter the effect of the chaotic, loud, opinionated child they can be more often than not. I just wish there was a little more balance between the two, but hey, here's to hoping

Sadia said...

My husband and I often talk about the fact that babies HAVE to be cute, or parents would never sacrifice sleep, sanity and cash to grow them into adults. The same proves to be true of toddlers.

More than anything, I'm blown away by "2.75". You may remember that our kids are days apart. That makes me realize how close we are to 3.0. Where has the time gone?!

Goddess in Progress said...

Love it. M used to say the same thing about our dog when she was a puppy and peeing on things. "Good thing she's cute, it's the only reason she's still alive." :-)

Mommy, Esq. said...

Love it - Penny has busted out a new version too. My nephew is the same age as your boys and ALWAYS asks to watch the Cars DVD.

Cheryl Lage said...

What a riot! (Would it depress you if I said 7.25 has brought us a behavioral recurrence of 2.75? Hopefully it will be short-lived for us both...except for the nice parts! ;) )

Becky said...

Hysterically HONEST! I love it. I am so glad that my children are NEVER like that! I hope you hear the sarcasm there. :) Jared and I always tell the boys "It is a good thing you're cute".

Brooke* said...

Love this post! I have a suspicion my son is going to be the same way...he is already hitting his sister and laughing about it. Oh, and his fake cry is priceless...But it's hard to stay mad when he gives such great bear hugs!

Marie said...

I love the way you wrote this; so awesome! The picture of them is precious!

mames said...

hee. can't wait to see the 3.0 version.

Mel said...

I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog just to see pictures like that! That just warms my heart so much. Your boys are adorable!

Joanna said...

I'm looking for a beta version of 3.0. It's got to be better than 2.75. Right? Right? Please!

The Anonymous Platypus said...

nate 2.75 sounds a lot like zoe 1.5
and I thought it would be chloe who would get to me!
I was hoping it would get better....