I have become a blubbering mess since the boys were born. Stupid tearfulness was supposed to go away after pregnancy but it appears to be permanent.
1. This picture of newborn twins (Congrats Mommy Esq!). I've seen lots of newborn twin pictures, but this one hit me right in the chest and made me tear up. Why? Those little caps and hospital blankets are exactly like the ones Nate and Alex had. Something about the shapes of their faces remind me so much of my little boys swaddled up tight in the hospital like that. I don't miss those days but I'd love to hold my babies one more time.
2. Kaycee interviewed me for her blog interview series yesterday. Her thoughtful comments about my blog really touched my heart.
3. Michelle Obama's speech. WOW. I've loved her every time I've seen her speak publicly. She makes me proud proud proud of this country. Her story is similar to mine - grew up in a blue collar household, worked our butts off to get college scholarships, and ended up with successful careers married to amazing men with two beautiful children. She and Barack are the kind of people I hope my children choose as role models in their future. I feel lucky my story has had a happy ending, but hearing their story makes me believe the American dream is still alive.
4. At bedtime, Nate asked if I wanted to lay in his bed so he would blow kisses to me. He tucked me into his little toddler bed, giving me his kitty cat and lovey, fixing my blanket, then stood in the doorway blowing kisses and asking if I caught them.
5. At bedtime when I tuck in Alex, every night I tell him I love him and he looks deep into my eyes and says, "Yes."