Thursday, June 07, 2007

My little drunken sailor

A lot of people have been asking how Alex's walking has been coming along. It has been hilarious, joyous, and scary to watch him. That kid has no fear. We chalk it all up to the helmet. He only fell and hit his head that one time but the rest of the time his head was protected by the helmet.

Alex went through this phase of walking where he looked drunk. He was kind of stumbling everywhere, falling down, tripping over things. I'm sad to say he's past his drunken sailor phase. It was fun to watch while it lasted. Here he and Nate are chasing each other around the kitchen island playing. I could watch them do this for hours:


Here was my first attempt to get a video of Alex walking. Here's what I learned: do not sit on the floor trying to video the kids when Jon is gone. I had to turn it off because Nate kept grabbing the camera.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the videos!

Beth said...

This is why I have no pictures of William! As soon as he sees the camera, all he wants is to play with it. Too funny. I know what you mean about walking, btw. But you'll get to experience the drunken sailor again when Nate figures it out! (Unless, of course, he waits until he's mastered it and walks perfectly his first time. Lol!)

Ellen said...

The "drunken sailor" reminds me that Clay, who you may have met at the party, says that when babies first learn to walk, it's really controlled falling. Also, the clip made me realize that having a playmate is good for mommy, too. Some days I'm better at being Eden's playmate than I am others.

Joanna said...

Those videos are TOO cute. Very fun to watch...