Wednesday, March 07, 2007

HelmetWatch: T minus 19 days and counting

We met with Alex's pediatric plastic surgeon yesterday as well as the orthotist. They both said 3 more weeks in the helmet and he is done!!! He might wear it for 2 more weeks at night after that, but we now have an endpoint. His head looks amazing already. Jon and I have been discussing what to do with the helmet when we are done. We want to keep it but it stinks so bad we're not sure we can keep it.

I wish my blog had smell-o-vision so I could share the stink with you.

Lilypie Date is set Ticker

I have started to get more comfortable as a mom as the boys approach the end of babyhood. I find myself doing things I never thought I would do. Over the weekend, I put Alex's helmet on Nate. Why you ask?

I wanted to see Nate's reaction.

Guess what? It was what I expected. He did NOT like it. One bit. His reaction caused me to say to Jon immediately, "Oh my god we are so lucky Alex was the one with the helmet."

And if you know me at all, you know that I'll be putting that helmet back on Nate's head again and taking some pictures. And it will be hilarious!

Can you tell I am giddy with excitement? If anyone has suggestions on how to destroy/memorialize/enshrine the helmet, please let us know. You have 19 days.

5 comments:

Libby said...

I think it would make an adorable lamp for his room.

Irene said...

Hide it in the treehouse. They'll discover it when they are big enough to climb up there.

Or bury it in the backyard with their other baby things like a time capsule kind of thing.

Irene said...

More ideas:
Use it for potty training. (And THEN make it a time capsule?!!)
Dangle it from the back of your car and spray paint on the back window: "Just dehelmeted"

MurrayvilleMom said...

Take a photo of the helmet on, then take one of the outside, the inside and then throw it away!

Or, maybe have it bronzed and mount in on the wall with a plaque!! Whatcha think???

I think a lamp is a good idea, but the heat of the bulb may make it stink more ewwhh!!

I am happy for you all!! That is very exciting!

Lindsay said...

What about storing it with an Odor Eater of some kind for a while? Maybe that will kill the stink? Baking soda? Febreeze?