Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Leaving for Phoenix

Jon and I leave tonight for Phoenix for Christmas with my family. I’m very excited to see everyone and we’re definitely making at least one trip to In n Out for a double-double (animal style) and a chocolate shake. I’m making the best of my need for protein and calories.

This year, it’s been hard for us to get into the Christmas spirit. In Chicago, Christmas means cold weather, wind and a lack of sunshine. Raleigh is warm, not windy, and so sunny. Jon and I had a lot of Christmas traditions – drinking hot chocolate at Zoo Lights, drinking gluhwein at Christkindlmarkt, and checking out the huge tree at Daley Plaza and all the other decorations downtown. Because I haven’t been feeling well, we didn’t start any traditions here this year.

I think being with family will help it feel like Christmas. And seeing the kids open gifts from Santa will be a treat that I’ve never gotten to experience with my nice and nephew. It’s exciting to think that next year, we’ll have our own child on Christmas morning and we’ll be used to the warmth and sun for Christmas!

Have a great Christmas! No more posts until Dec 27, which will be my 16 week picture.

No comments: